What Happens After My Entry has Been Mined? (UG)

0 Conversations

smiley - brr

UGUG Entry Thing

The UnderGuide | Alternative Writing Workshop | UnderGuide Archives | The Post | h2g2 Fiction Central | Miners' Homepage | Gem Polishers' Homepage | UnderGuidelines | UnderGuide Editors | h2g2 Front Page

Let the UnderGuide revolution continue1.

If you want to know what happens to your Entry to be picked and appear on the Front Page, here is a simple guide.

  • After your Entry has been in the AWW Review Forum for one week, a Miner can dig it out for possible polishing. The Miner will then send it via the speedy Pit Pony delivery system to the UnderGuide Editors, to check that it meets the rigourous2quality standards and the UnderGuidelines.

  • The UG Editors will then pass it on to the h2g2 Inhouse Editorial team, who will review and check the Entry for profanity and general problems. They will then tell the UG Editors if it's okay to polish.

  • Then you will be notified that your Entry has been picked. The UG Editors will pick a Gem Polisher to work with the Entry3.

  • The Gem Polisher will collaborate with you on formatting, grammar and spelling issues. When you're both satisfied, the Entry will be checked again by the UG Editors and placed in line to appear on the Front Page.

  • You can keep track of where your Mined Entry is in the UnderGuide Processes by looking in on the What's Coming Up Page.

  • The Entry will then appear on the Front Page and be added to the UnderGuide Archives.

1Attributed to Terran.2Hold the laughter please.3Although it's more likely a Gem Polisher will pick themselves, the UG Editors have an awful lot more to do. Like preening and washing burlap sacks.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1096544

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more