h2g2 Post 30.10.03

2 Conversations


Posted: 30thOctober 2003

Editorial

There's something nasty lurking in the Post Office

I don't mean ghosts or ghouls either! First I had an attack of muscle aches followed closely by a very heavy cold which, thankfully, seems to be clearing up and then, yesterday, poor Greebo started to feel quite ill. She bravely tried to perform as many duties as she could, but finally succumbed and retired early. Here's hoping that she makes a speedy recovery - I promise to call in the Pest Control tomorrow, Greebs, and have the place fumigated!

Last week was National Health Education Week and also saw World Development Information Day and United Nations Day so the themes set our intrepid writers were 'Health' and 'Development'. Did any of you spot them? I imagine you will find one of this week's themes easier to guess especially as the h2g2 Editors have treated us all to some nice new wallpaper!

What an exciting edition we have for you this week. Fiction, films and reviews feature very heavily. We have the last ever episode of 'Only Slightly' written by a good friend of The Post, MaW. Then we see the welcome return of 'h2g2 Storytime' - this week they remind you of what has gone before and invite you to join in the fun with their interactive serial. 'The Dark Times' is back after a very short break and part two of 'Errors of Comedy' treats us to a rather unconventional guided tour of Sprawling Metropolis.

As if this wasn't enough to keep you amused, all our regulars have come up with some amazing writing this week and The Post breaks new ground by including, free with this edition, a 14 page colour supplement devoted to Hallowe'en and witches. So, you better start reading now if you want to be finished before the next edition!

ShazzPRME


The Post Special Supplement


 
CARTOONS
 
 

  • h2g2 Life

  • A short time ago, on the internet not very far away...

REGULARS
 
 

  • QED

  • Curious Cinematic Creations

FEATURES
 
 
FICTION
 
 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1161668

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more