The Egg Timer's Box

2 Conversations

So merry meet of traveler of time and welcome to the office of The_Jon_m, Turner of Egg Timers for the h2g2 Society of Time Travellers

I have a feeling that whoever had this office before me was into his timing experiments cause the far corner stinks of sulfur. There is a vast library of scrolls written in ancient Chinese by a rather arrogant Irish Monk in the middle ages detailing the perfect method of turning a timer, which if anybody wants to read, they are more than welcome to delve thought he bookcase.

Some people think it is a bit ironic (In a non-Alannis way) that I, The_Jon_M, Master of Jacks Trade, who does not eat eggs is in charge of turning Egg Timers, but I ask you, am I not the best choice, for I have no interest in rushing the egg, therefore am more reliable and less likely to be responsible for a mass poisoning.

In another far corner is my amazing collection of egg timers, some 20ft tall, some not. I got given most of them as a pay off from my time working at the Old Royal Observatory Greenwich, where I accidentally wandered into the room that contains time. Fearing that I may come back and steal some for my own personal amusement, I was banished and given many Egg Timers so that I will keep the secret of the rooms location.

Anyway, come in, take a seat (I have just been to Ikea so the sofa is quiet comfy). Chat away, BUT DO NOT TURN THE EGG TIMERS.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A1955423

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more