Davis Square, Somerville, Massachusetts, USA Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Davis Square, Somerville, Massachusetts, USA

2 Conversations

The red line of the Boston subway system, or the 'T' as it is usually referred to, has many fine stops and stations. Davis Square, the second to last stop before Alewife Station, is one of these great places to stop and take a load off.

With both food and entertainment, this is a great place to spend an afternoon or evening. For movie fans, the Somerville Theatre has classic second-run shows for around $5, and concerts about once a week. Johnny D's is an excellent restaurant and bar, with nightly entertainment. For good Bar-B-Q food, Red Bones is the spot, especially if you are in the mood for a great pulled meat sandwich with some fritters on the side. For a fun Irish night on the town there is The Burren, because, once in a while, everyone needs an evening out topped off with a pint of Guinness.

All of this is just a few stops away from downtown on the Red Line. You don't have to get out at Harvard or Central Square to have fun and relax any more if you're in the Boston area.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A199091

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more