Kennet Square, Pennsylvania

1 Conversation

Kennet Square, PA, is a quiet little town, pleasant and unobtrusive. It has a nice Main Street filled with thriving shops. All in all, it ought to be just what the rural homeowner is looking for. Unofrtunately, Kennet Square has a claim to fame that tarnishes this sleepy-exurb image. It is the (self-proclaimed) Mushroom Capitol of the World. What's wrong with this, you ask? Only that mushrooms are fungi, and like to grow on surfaces that are rotten. The special ingredients used in the countless mushroom farms around Kennet Square give off a stench that permeates the entire town. In ever street and into every home comes the acrid tang of decay, as if everyone in the town had died several days previously. Sometimes, a claim to fame can be a double-edged sword. Enjoy your mushrooms, but be warned if you wish to live near mushroom farms.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A229484

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more