Fried Stuffed Potatoes - 'Papas Rellenas' Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Fried Stuffed Potatoes - 'Papas Rellenas'

3 Conversations

Papas Rellenas are fried, meat-stuffed potatoes, very much like individual crispy portions of cottage pie. Delicious.

Ingredients

  • 3 large potatoes, peeled and boiled
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • Dry bread crumbs
  • 1 lb seasoned ground beef
  • A little flour (enough to roll the Papas Rellenas in)
  • cooking oil

Method

  1. Mash the potatoes and let them cool. Don't add butter to the potatoes because this makes them too soft to make decently formed 'bowl' shapes.
  2. Gently fry the ground beef.
  3. Take a handful of mashed potatoes, split the handful in half, and make each half into a little bowl shape.
  4. Stuff the 'bowl' in each half with the cooked ground beef.
  5. Bring the two halves together and smooth to make a round ball a couple of sizes larger than a golf ball.
  6. Dip the ball into the beaten egg and then roll it in the flour until it's lightly covered.
  7. Then dip the ball in the egg again and roll it in the bread crumbs.
  8. Heat the oil, then drop the Papa Rellena into the hot oil. The oil should be deep enough to cover half the ball.
  9. Let them cook for about two minutes or until golden brown. Turn the balls and cook the other side in the same way.

If you have a deep fat fryer, place a single layer of Papas Rellenas in the basket and cook for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A283367

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more