Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands

2 Conversations

Alphen aan den Rijn is a small town in The Netherlands and is situated in the province of Zuid-Holland. Due to its central placing it is a popular place to live. In about half an hour you will be able to reach the centre of Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utrecht. The town is divided by a river called de Rijn.

A good place to go is 'Choices', a very popular club among the trendy youth. If you want to go to a bar or pub which is less crowded you have various possibilities. For example Het Kasteel, where they play various kinds of music, from rock to house. There is also a small cinema and a bowling centre in Alphen aan den Rijn.

During the daytime you can visit a small lake where you can sail, water ski and swim. Another tourist attraction is Avifauna, an aviary. Or you can visit a theme park called Archeon, where they take you back in time to the era of the Roman Empire.

At the time of writing the centre of the town is a mess because of the building plans from the local authority. This is called the master plan - the meaning of this plan is to create a uniform centre of the city, which at the moment is divided by the river.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A311220

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more