Hiker Comments

1 Conversation


Back To So Long, And Thanks For Laughing

Actual Hiker Comments

Backpacker


These are actual comments left last year on Forest Service reigistration sheets and comment cards by backpackers completing wilderness camping trips(in the United States, of course!):


"A small deer came into my camp and stole my bag of pickles. Is there any way I can get them reimbursed? Please call."


"Escalators would help on steep uphill sections."


"Instead of permit system or regulations, the Forest Service needs to reduce worldwide population growth to limit the number of visitors to the wilderness."


"Trails need to be wider so people can walk while holding hands/"


"Ban walking sticks in wilderness. Hikers that use walking sticks are more likely to chase animals."


"All the mile markers are missing this year."


"Found a smoldering cigarette left by a horse."


"Trails need to be reconstructed. Please avoid building trails that go uphill."


"Too many bugs and leeches and spiders and spider smiley - spider webs. PLease spray the wilderness to rid the area of these pests."
Essectials

"Please pave the trails so they can be plowed of snow in the winter."


"Chair lifts need to be in some places so that we can get to the wonderful views without having to hike to them."


"The coyotes made too much noise last night and kept me awake. Please eradicate these annoying animals."


"Reflectors need to be placed on trees every 50 feet so people can hike at night with flashlights."


"Need more signs to keep area pristine."


"A McDonald's would be nice at the trail head."


"The places where trails do not exist are not well marked."


"Too many rocks in the mountains."



The saddest part is that I am sure a great deal of thought went into these concerns.smiley - cry


Back To So Long, And Thanks For Laughing

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A469505

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more