Wonderful New Jersey

1 Conversation

Out of all the 50 states in the majestic country known as the United States of America, there is a place unlike any other.
That place is known as New Jersey.

1.How to Survive.

New Jersey is feared throughout the rest of the Union as being a crazy, polluted state. This is simply not true. I have lived here for my entire life as of yet, and I can assure all of you planning to visit that it is a beautiful place with wonderful sights to see and places to visit. I will now bring up several key points to remember while visiting.


A:Driving.
To drive on the Garden State Parkway you must have at least 20 years of driving experience, or natural driving talent to the extreme(Joking).You cannot, and I repeat,cannot, be too careful while driving on it.There is a rumor that persists that New Jersey drivers are awful while behind the wheel. This I assure you is not true. The truth of the matter is that most New Jersey drivers are fine drivers indeed, it is simply the roadways that are responsible for one of the highest crash rates in the country. I warn you again, be careful on the road here, it can be dangerous if one is not cautious.

B:Trenton.

While one can say that The Garden State Parkway is the blood vein of New Jersey, Trenton is probably it's heart. I lived near here for several years, and I can say it is a interesting place to visit.
It has a incredible history, dating back to the American Revolution. From the Hessian Barracks that were attacked by George Washington's army, to the ancient State Courthouse, it has a diverse and interesting style to it. If you are planning a visit to New Jersey, be sure not to leave this one off the map.

C:Long Beach Island.

My family rented a summer house here for all of my childhood, and I have very fond memories of it. The beaches are relaxing to the extreme, and the ice cream shops are very very good. It even has an amusement park known as Fantasy Island.The park is not very big, but it is really cool, as it has lots of minature golf and mini-roller coasters in it.
A key part of a trip to L.B.I is Barnaget Light.The world famous lightouse that resides there is known to many as "Old Barney", and it has existed for over a century now.It can be seen from almost any point on the island.


D: Hopewell.

This last place on my brief tour of New Jersey is not well known to many, but it is my personal favorite place in the entire state.
I have lived here for many years, and I love it.
Founded in 1766(as far as we have written records of it being here, it could have been here before, but we are not certain of any date previous of that year,hehe) Hopewell has been a small town home to little more than 4,000 people. It was the home and is now the final resting place to one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, Mr John Heart.It is now famous throughout the tri-county area for it's many varied and strange antique shops. The closest semi-city is Princeton, home of Ivy League Princeton University and it's good seafood. Hopewell may not be heaven, as it does not as of yet have any good Coffee houses except for a humble one known as Falte, but I'll call it home.

I hope you enjoyed my incredibly short tour of New Jersey. There is always more to discover in The Garden State, and I've only mentioned a few small pieces of it, but I assure you, it's a interesting place to see, and an even more interesting place to visit. Have fun!

-Jonathan :-)









Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A469596

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more