New Subs and Aces

0 Conversations

Several researchers are going mad with suspense, and waiting for mail to arrive in their inbox.

It isn't that they are waiting for the e-mail from Disney saying that, because they forwarded a chain mail to their friends, they can go to Euro Disney free. They aren't waiting for a greetings.com card from their loved ones, or even hoping that their article has been accepted. They are waiting for news on their applications to be either Subs or Aces. It's not only a hopeful feeling a few individuals are keeping to themselves. Several forums, and indeed the h2g2 mailing list, is full of discussions and tales of agony amidst the suspense.

A selection of what some people have written follows:
... pray... Oh please let me get an e-mail from h2g2 soon. Please!!! Amen... /pray...'
'I want to be an ACE, Peetaa, can I be one, Purrrleeease????"
'*dusts off email machine* Erm.. yeah, like it could gather dust!'

Reports have been circulating from Peta and others that appointments will be made soon, but, as these rumours have been circulating for over two months, people are starting to get downhearted. Still, if anyone DOES succeed in hearing from the Powers That Be, congratulations, and please let all those waiting in suspense know about it.


Bluebottle


This is the reply from Peta

We are sending out a recruitment email to all those Researchers who have kindly volunteered to join forces with the Sub-editors and Aces on h2g2. Thank you all for being so patient. We're hoping to recruit up to 50 new Sub-editors and 50 Aces.

Everyone who has volunteered to be a Sub-editor will be sent an email with a 'demo' entry to have a look at and have a go at Subbing; this way they'll be able to see if they enjoy sub-editing. We'd like everyone to give it a try and then send their subbed entry back to us. We really don't expect the finished entry to be absolutely perfectly subbed first time out, it's just to give us an idea. We'll give the new Sub-editors plenty of feedback to to
help them develop their skills when they join the team.

Researchers will be able to volunteer to be a Sub or an Ace or go for both. If we offer them both, they get to pick which one they want to be. :-)

Peta Haigh Community Editor, h2g2


The Bluebottle Archive

21.02.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A502327

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more