Ma Soba, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Ma Soba, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA

3 Conversations

Ma Soba restaurant serves pan-Asian cuisine; you either love it or you hate it. The restaurant is debatably located in several different places, like everything else around Boston. You can attempt to find it at or about 30 Dunster Street, in Cambridge (Harvard Square). Those just visiting the area can find it outside the Dunster Street exit to the Garage mall, Home of the famed Newbury Comics.

Pan-Asian cuisine is a pretty broad term, but Ma Soba is a pretty broad restaurant. Food from all over Asia is served - you name it, they've got it. The food ranges from traditional to modern, and innovations on the classic cuisine are common. The sushi is to die for, but watch out for the spicy food, if you want to keep your sense of taste. You have been warned...

All in all, if you're spending any time in Harvard Square and have a modestly cultured palate, stop at Ma Soba. It's also quite affordable on a student's budget, since $5 will get you as much as you can probably eat. Oh, and by the way:

  • Soba means 'buckwheat noodles'. As near as can be determined, Ma Soba means 'Noodle Space', but don't use this as a determining factor, it's a very loose translation!

  • Ma Soba is open weekdays and Saturdays from 11.30am to midnight, and Sunday noon to 10pm.

  • Keep an eye on your food if outside (or if the doors are open), since the sparrows that frequent the area like the cuisine much more than the patrons do.

  • The Tsunami Ramen (a broth) must be recommended. If you're having it, don't eat for two days in advance. It's big.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A588161

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

References

h2g2 Entries

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more