The Battle of the Gods

36 Conversations

SwordsSwordsThe SAS badge with a camouflaged soldier in the background
Bone sculpturesBone sculptures

--The Reigning Champion--

Caper Plip




Welcome to the Challenge of Challenges, the battle between immortals, the contest of supreme deities. Jump in and join the foray...if you think you can handle it.


Otherwise, go back to Mount Olympus.



CHAMPIONS
a goddess called Ben
Caper Plip

CombatantWinsLossesDraws
Red Dog
Apollo
SaturnGirl
A Goddess Called Ben
Caper Plip
sea
RedFish
Raven
Uncle Heavy
The Tiger God
Saturnsdaughter
Sammy
I'mStillThinking
Mystrunner
friendlywithteeth
chromecoveredclone
His Divine Shadow
Phoniex
Ex-Rambling
Spectre
Evilclaw
Kiro Yukai
Kleopatra
Sergeant Mushroom
Ra
B9nr515
GodBen
Wonko the Insane
Uncle Bob
Martiansoup
Agent
MadHank
PinkFluffyDuck
Deakie
Bold Ferret
miraculousrandomness
Aximili
Thorn
MegaChedda
RoboTwig
sonic chaos master
VIP
kipper
1
0
3
0
6
1
1
0
1
0
0
1
0
1
2
2
5
0
0
1
0
0
0
0
0
1
0
0
1
0
1
0
2
1
1
1
1
0
0
1
1
0
1
1
6
0
1
1
1
2
0
0
0
1
0
1
1
1
3
1
1
0
0
1
2
1
1
0
0
0
1
0
0
1
1
1
0
1
0
1
1
1
0
0
1
0
0
0
1
0
0
0
0
1
1
1
1
0
0
3
3
0
1
0
1
0
0
1
0
0
1
1
1
0
0
1
0
0
0
0
0
1
1
0
0
0
0
0
0


See the results of all the past battles here.


The Rules


Just to keep chaos from reigning...


  1. You can only win if: 1)The other party concedes the victory to you (the honorable way to win...and lose). 2)You can request that the judge make a ruling on your battle by going here, or 3)The other party does not make a post within 5 consecutive days of your last post.
  2. Though teaming up between parties is allowed, a single researcher cannot command more than one party at a time. i.e. No creating your own army of gods to gang up on one person. 1
  3. ABSOLUTELY NO destroying the universe.
  4. You can have rematches as often as you'd like, with the exception of challenges to the Champion.
  5. You must have 3 victories before you can challenge the Champion.

Just a warning -- the laws of continuity are very flexible in the Battle...PLEASE understand that and do not be offended if the laws get bent (or occasionally broken). Except in extreme cases, this is acceptable. It challenges the combatant to an even greater degree. After all, we are gods ...


Just a hint


Though the Battle of the Gods is a "fight" between supreme beings, it is actually more a battle of words and quick wit.

The winner is usually the one with powerful, unique "smites" -- and humorous, more often than not smiley - biggrin

So whether your choice of weapon is a thunderbolt or a banana cream pie, remember to BE CREATIVE!


The BattleGrounds


You can wage war in any of the following locations: On the shores of the Nile River lies the Temple of Ra. In the home of the ancient Nordic gods, the Plains of Asgard. One of the most mysterious places on Earth, Stonehenge. In ancient Greece amidst the Labyrinth of the Minotaur, or at legendary Troy. On an ethereal plane known as The Dreamscape, or the odd universe of Wormage. Fight on The Cityscape, at the Deserted Warehouse, the Disposable Arena or the Graveyard. The Shaolin Temple for those more sedate battles, or fight in Tolkien's Middle-Earth. The Great Mud Pit in the Gobi desert, or the Temple of Shadows. In the vastness of Dead Space or on The Rings of Saturn. Battle on the surface of an Alien Planet or Olympus Mons, or feel free to create your own Battleground!


1This can be overruled, if both parties agree.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A598638

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Edited by

h2g2 Editors

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more