Vermont Technical College

0 Conversations

Vermont Technical College is a small engineering/agricultural/nursing/veterinarian school of about 1500 students in Randolph Center Vermont. After taking computer engineering classes here for the last four years, I can say a few things about it.

Vermont Technical College would be better named Vermont Technical Conference Center and Monestary. Fully 30% of the school's income comes from hosting conferences. Conferences frequently preempt the students' use of such facilities as the cafeteria. We live here, how would you like it if your landlord frequently rented out your dining room to total strangers? Also, the school is mostly male. About 80% male. And about 80% of the girls attend classes at a "satelite" campus somewhere else in the state. It's cold, we're on top of a high hill, and there is no civilization within 40 minutes.

Some of the faculty are quite good, and some are quite bad. To an outsider, the student/residential affairs department would seem to be run by facist Nazis. School spirit is so low you have to dig for it. We have many state of the art computer labs, for the architecture students. Computer engineering students have 16 computers allocated to them.

The nice bit is the location if you like being in the middle of nowhere, or if you're from Vermont and you're close to home.

More information to be added later.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A685848

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more