The h2g2 Post 05.07.10

0 Conversations




Posted: 05th July 2010


 

 

Summer is here

Well, it is where I live. We've had sunny and dry weather for more than a week now. I probably should mark it on the calendar. However, with temperatures of up to 38°C, I sit mostly in the dark, because it is only bearable when the blinds are closed. Luckily, we have windows on three sides of the flat, so there's always one side where the blinds can be up. And I don't mean to complain, after this long and dreadful winter, I think we deserved to have a real summer. It conjures up memories of long summer evenings, spent in the playground, the meeting point of the village youth were I lived. I don't go out much nowadays, and I didn't go to any 'Public Viewing' as the large screens in various cities where people gather to watch the football World Cup are called here. Those temperatures in combination with large crowds and little in the way of beverage (you aren't allowed to bring your own, but they charge € 3.00 for a small (0.3l) bottle of water or lemonade) would kill me. But then I'm not alone while watching the footie. The German team has lots of support from my h2g2 friends, namely from KB who worked some magic for the last two games. But enough of that. There are a variety of articles in this issue which will distract you from the World Cup, so enjoy them.


Bel


 

 
HOW TO EARN MONEY

 

 

 

 

 

 

RELATIONSHIPS


 

 

 

 

 

 

ALIENS AND EARTHLINGS


 

 

 

 

 

 

OPTIONS


 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A68959264

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more