Simple Beef Curry Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Simple Beef Curry

2 Conversations

This quick recipe makes a simple and fairly quick beef curry.

Ingredients

  • 500 grams rump steak cut into large chunks (if you're a student you can always go for something cheaper)
  • 1 large onion finely chopped
  • 1 clove of Garlic crushed
  • 5tsp hot curry powder
  • 2tsp hot chilli powder
  • 1 beef stock cube (optional)
  • 1 pint of boiling water
  • 1tbsp (heaped) tomato purée
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • Salt and pepper, as required

Method

In a large pot on a high gas flame, fry together the steak, onion and garlic for five minutes. Add the two spices and continue to cook until the spices are almost burnt. Cover all the contents of the pot with boiling water (about a pint), throw in the stock cube (if you're using it) and stir everything together. Add the tomato puree and lemon juice, and stir the pot again. Bring it all to the boil, add salt and pepper if required then reduce the heat and allow the ingredients to simmer together. Continue to cook everything until you have what looks like a curry in the pot. This should take about 90 mins on a medium gas flame. Serve with cooked rice and anything else you normally have with a curry.

Further Reading


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A778052

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more