The h2g2 Post 09.05.11

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 09th May 2011

Moving Home

No, not me. My mother in law. She applied for a flat in assisted living a few weeks ago and was lucky: she was offered a very nice flat. This weekend, we started to move her furniture, books, clothes etc from her current flat to the new one. It was a hot weekend, which I think we'd all rather spent doing something nice, like cycling. Instead, we ran downstairs and upstairs a lot, packed with various items of varying weight. I had to learn that I had to leave the really heavy items for my husband and son to carry. However, there were many smaller items which weren't *too* heavy, so there was more than enough work left for me to do. I did some cleaning of the new flat, too. It wasn't exactly dirty, but I assumed my mother in law would just feel better knowing it was clean.

Anyway, it cost me most of the weekend, but fortunately, Dmitri helped out with today's Headers (he often does, btw), so that was great. I'm exhausted and distracted, I didn't even notice that we'd already had an acrostic for RING the other week until it was too late to post a new word. Oh well, it is a fabulous acrostic, so well worth publishing. Please enjoy this issue of the Post.


Bel

UNO MUNDO1

  • Unwritten Contracts

  • Something in Dmitri's essay fell foul of whatever house rule or filter, but I hope it is visible now.


 

 
NOWADAYS CLANCY CAN'T EVEN SING

 

 
FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH

 

 
ON THE WAY HOME

 

 
COMMUNITY
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


1Note for BBC moderators: This is a song title. It means 'One World', a concept of which some people may not approve. The song is by Stephen Stills.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A84212200

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more