The h2g2 Post 21.11.11

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 21st November 2011

We Have a Song to Sing, Oh

Actually, we have several songs to sing. Even though there's frost on the pumpkin up in the Northern Hemisphere, some h2g2ers won't stop thinking about the beach. At least, that's the way we explain the bikini competition. Okay, okay, there may be prurient interest involved, but that's our story, and we're sticking to it.

There's some high-minded thinking-type stuff going on, too. Scratch that, it's more intellectual silliness, but check out the mad scientists in Prof's story. We thought Peer Review would appreciate this sort of thing, so we put them together. If you don't like the neighbourhood, call the Watch.

As usual, this being a writing site, we're on about literature, and how to produce it. The AWW Poets' Olympic Haiku Challenge is going great guns. You can applaud the first medallists here.

Finally, in spite of bikinis, it's the season for Harvest Home, Thanksgiving, Erntedankfest, whatever you call it when you sit down to eat and express gratitude for hearth, home, and community. Naturally, this makes the Post get snarky about barnyard fowl.

Whatever your interest, you'll find something here. Curl up with a slice of pumpkin pie and your hot beverage of choice, beat time with your spork, and enjoy the music. Next week, there will be Art.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

IT WAS AN ITSY BITSY, TEENY-WEENY...

(Our own Bikini Beach bash, with political subplot)

 

 
I TOLD THE WITCH DOCTOR...

(The experts speak. They say 'Ooo, eee, oo ah ah...')
GONNA SIT RIGHT DOWN AND WRITE MYSELF A LETTER

(And make believe I won the Nobel Prize)

 

 
OVER THE RIVER AND THROUGH THE WOODS...

(It's the season for fun with poultry)

 

  • h2g2 Life

  • Wowbagger lets us in on

    editorial preferences.


  • The Turkey

  • A Smudger Snippet.

    Warning: Graphic food violence.


 

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87709486

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more