The h2g2 Post 16.07.12

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 16th July 2012

And the Beat Goes On

A pair of great tits on a pole. My apologies for mentioning a catchphrase from a song written in the 1960s. Some of you may mistake this for a classical-music reference. Be that as it may, there seems to be a drumbeat driving h2g2 writers lately – although, as always, they're all marching to a different drummer. (I know I am.)

Over at Create, they're urging us to get fit, and tell all about it. Deke's been kayaking, so he's starting us off. Since some people's idea of fitness is that it's a spectator sport, and there's soon going to be a lot of it on your vidscreens, we're also bringing back the earlier results of the Olympic Haiku Challenge. Read the poems and get inspired – if you come up with haiku of your own, perhaps while watching somebody else exercise, add them to the mix.

Some people are still putting the grey matter through its workout, exploring inner worlds and the world around them, like Pastey, who's been speculating on human behaviour. (In church, no less.) Willem's still looking at wildlife. The Discovery Channel seems to have run out of wildlife, and has started making it up. We speculate on that, as well.

This week, the Post is proud to welcome a new contributor, Ramya Krishna Mulugu, who has a poem to share. See? Sometimes people show up, and actually like us. So there.

As Sirius Cybernetics says, share and enjoy. But don't expect the page to talk back to you1.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

DRUMS KEEP POUNDING RHYTHM TO THE BRAIN

HISTORY HAS TURNED THE PAGE, UH-HUH


 

WILDLIFE FILMS ARE NOW THE RAGE, UH-HUH


 

 
LA-DE-DA-DE-DE

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


1Unless you're 2legs, of course.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87760362

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more