The h2g2 Post 17.09.12

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 17th September 2012

Here, There, and Everywhere

Some UK train tickets. You have questions? We've got answers.

'How do they call from Mars to Earth?' We've got you covered. 'What new kinds of porn have been invented?' Of course we're interested. 'What is a Knysna Turaco?' We know you've been asking, and Willem knows.

Awix knows what Judge Dredd is like, and PT knows Canterbury Cathedral, inside and out. Bluebottle knows all the historical scandals, Deke knows the business end of a kayak, and jwf. . . well, jwf alone knows what's going on in his mind. He shares it with us. All of us know what benjaminpmoore is talking about – but he puts it into just the right words for us, and we are grateful for his insights.

Read, inquire, sharpen your wits and your pencils – there are two quizzes.

Just a word in support of our Community Artists, those folks who make sure our Edited Guide looks wonderfully professional by adding first-rate illustration to the Entries. Did you see last week's entry by Florida Sailor on Benedict Arnold? That picture is magnificent – and much better than the traitor deserves. Be sure to let the Artists know how much we appreciate their good work.

An announcement: please be thinking ahead, like the Editor here, and working on something suitably spooky for late October. Those pumpkins are busy growing, and there will be frost on them sooner than we think. The supernatural calls, you know it does, even if you're trying to tune out those pesky voices in your head.

Have a good week!



Dmitri Gheorgheni

HERE AND NOW

NOW AND THEN


 

WAY BACK WHEN


 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87766933

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more