The h2g2 Post 29.10.12

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 29th October 2012

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

One of Clive the Flying Ostrich's Halloween pumpkin carvings Welcome to h2g2's haunted house –   mwhahahahaha. . . . Enter of your own free will.

All month, I've been asking Post writers to contribute Halloween material, and boy, did they respond. Their imaginations are truly diabolical. There is so much morbidity, devilish glee, and fiendish cleverness contained in these pages that I am awestruck. (Also nervous. Do you know a good cure for incipient samhainophobia?)

Herein please find: stories about ghosts, 'real' and imagined. Factual events and spooky happenings. Reflections on the meaning of it all. A quiz. A reading list from the Edited Guide – we're almost as knowledgeable about the Other Realm as we are about dinosaurs. Poems, cartoons, a scary movie, fascinating Stuff. . . We've covered the ghostly world pretty much around the English-speaking globe (you know we're the most superstitious bunch out there) – Bluebottle has even counted the spectres on his favourite island.

Of course, the grown-ups weigh in, as well. Galaxy Babe reminds us that there is life after bonfires and candy binges. In fact, a comet is coming, so get ready. Willem's got the skinny on rhinos. PT's church visit provides sanctuary from the mayhem, and Deke's safe out on the water (we think, as long as he doesn't take ITIWBS with him). We've decided to call these designated drivers of sanity the Chaperones. They stay sober, so you don't have to.

So light your jack-o'-lantern, pour your beverage of choice, and put your feet up. Settle in to enjoy the fruits of all this ghostbusting.

Just don't blame us if you have to sleep with a night-light.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

This material is not for the faint-hearted. You have been warned.
GHOULIES AND GHOSTIES
THE MONSTER MASH
THE GOBLINS WILL GET YOU

WHO YA GONNA CALL?


 

CHAPERONES' CORNER


 

 
SPACE, THE FINAL FRONTIER

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87773584

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more