The Post Quiz: Serial Killers

0 Conversations

The h2g2 planners are always saying, 'Be trendy. Be aware of what's happening on the web. We want to stay current. ' We don't know what you're talking about over in Europe, but a glance at US television indicates that the Great Unwashed Public is fascinated by serial killers. There's Dexter, the nice serial killer next door in Miami (sorry, Florida Sailor). There's Hannibal, and Norman Bates, whose backstories are now being explored. The 'regular' police procedurals are full of these guys, too.

We hope that RL doesn't have as many serial killers as TV.

But just for fun, let's see how many RL serial killers you recognise.

Before taking the quiz, go and check that your burglar alarm is activated. The code is your birthday.

The Post Quiz: Serial Killers

Spooky!

Match the serial killer to the description. Then hope the police catch him.

Serial KillerDeed
  1. Gilles de Rais.
  2. HH Holmes.
  3. Ed Gein.
  4. Jack the Ripper.
  5. Mary Ann Cotton.
  6. John Bodkin Adams.
  7. Alfred P Packer.
  8. David Berkowitz.
  9. Peter William Sutcliffe.
  10. Peter Kürten.
  • Never caught.
  • Should not have listened to that dog.
  • Northern Irish doctor, charged but acquitted.
  • The Vampire of Düsseldorf.
  • The model for Norman Bates.
  • Ate people in Colorado.
  • Used arsenic.
  • The Yorkshire Ripper.
  • Columbia Exposition Killer (1893).
  • 15th-century model for Bluebeard.

Think you knew them all? Click on the noose to find out.

A sculpture depicting Alfred Hitchcock holding a noose
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

13.05.13 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87794590

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more