h2g2's NaJoPoMo 2013

99 Conversations

A polka-dot typewriterNovember is a good time for sitting indoors and doing some writing. This is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and some of our intrepid researchers have signed themselves up to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. We salute them and wish them good luck. Those of us who are less intrepid don't need to miss out, as h2g2 is holding its own, almost as famous, event: the h2g2 Nation's Journal Posting Month (NaJoPoMo).


32 researchers signed up for last year's NaJoPoMo challenge to post a journal every day of November. Not everyone finished but those that did produced a veritable flowering of prose, poetry and humour.  Can we do as well, or even better, this year? All that is required is that researchers enter a posting in their journal every day. When we asked researchers, in this Ask h2g2 thread, what they thought was the best way to approach this challenge, they took the traditional h2g2 view that there should be no one way. You can either write a separate journal each day, or open one journal thread and post a reply to it each day. All we ask is that you put NaJoPoMo 2013 in the title, and post a link to the thread beneath. What you put in your journal entry is up to you. We look forward to reading them.


The following researchers have thrown their hats into the ring and we'd love you to join us. If your name is not here just add it to the 'Sign me up' thread below.

2legs

Amy Pawloski

Asteroid Lil

Beatrice

benjaminpmoore

Bluebottle

BMT

coelacanth

deb

Dr Anthea

Dmitri Gheorgheni

Freewayriding

Galaxy Babe

Gnomon

hellboundforjoy

Icy North

Lanzababy

Magwitch

minichessemouse

minorvogonpoet

MMF

pebblederook

Rockhound

SashaQ

Solnushka

Storm

Superfrenchie

Titania

Trillian's Child

Wooly Mammoth


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87811653

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more