The h2g2 Post 27.01.14

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 27th January 2014

The Funniest Site on the Web

The Funniest Show in the World? The other week, I stumbled across this poster. Don't you just love the Library of Congress? Thanks to those indefatigable researchers, we can enjoy this advert for a play that 1) ran long before any of us was born, and 2) closed after a couple of weeks. It called itself 'the funniest show in the world', which probably jinxed it. The bar was set too high. But we set our online bar pretty high, ourselves: not only is that this week's Oddity, but if you're the sort who reads the Writing Right column, you'll get it for homework. All will be revealed…

We think we're funny, here at the Post. Our contributors run to humour, as well as high-minded thoughtfulness. In general, h2g2 is like that. No matter how serious it all gets, we can find a laugh here and there. It's the best medicine, some say. We hope you'll enjoy the humorous bits we've hidden in this issue.

How funny you find Sisyphus is probably a question of how sardonic you tend to be. Willem's done a painting, and he's got the story. Frankly, we rate this one PG-13, for violence and undue sneakiness. There was probably some (Greek) cursing involved, too.

The Prof's got a poetic conundrum for you, Ben's got sensible talk about the web, Awix has another movie, and I finally took on the Create challenge. (I felt guilty.)

Amy's back with another interview, Rod's back with more woodcarving, Anthea's back with a new duck, and Galaxy Babe's back with more stargazing. There's a lot to experience here.

We'll quiz you, surprise you, and put you to work. Read, leave comments. We hope you find a chuckle or two, as well.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

WILD LIFE
  • Great Blue Turaco by Willem
  • .

  • Sacred Coral Tree by Willem.


EXCITEMENT, ETC

WATER FUN

  • Not your usual duck.
  • Reunion tour.

QUOTIDIAN QUIDDITIES

RIDICULOUS AND SUBLIME
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87817323

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more