The h2g2 Post 22.12.14

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 22nd December 2014

Merry Writings to All!

A Chocobo in a Christmas tree.. See that? That's a chocobo. Mags tells me so, and I believe her. It's nested in her Christmas tree, and I imagine it's happy there. We hope you are all happy out there, wherever you're nesting during this holiday season. May your drinks be appropriately warm or cold, your reading matter, online games, and/or films pleasantly entertaining, and your proximity to/safe distance from loved ones be all that your hearts desire.

Somewhere in between gift giving, eating, drinking, carol bellowing, etc, you might need a respite from the jollifying. We hope the articles in this week's Post will aid you in this endeavour. In this week's array of information, mindfulness, and humour, the Usual Suspects regular columnists are joined by Rod, Bel, and Bluebottle, who've all come together to make this a memorable issue.

The crossword is back – you know we wouldn't forget to stuff your stocking with that favourite – and the Quiz will have you singing carols. The aliens may be outraged by the poseurs on the comet, but the rest of our cast are mellowed out by the season and ready for the arrival of Santa, who got his pilot's licence in 1927, who knew?

Enjoy the jokes, wonder at the beauty, and let Rod make you thoughtful. Just don't spill biscuit crumbs on your laptop.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and a blessed Hogswatch to you all! See you next week for the end-of-year number.



The h2g2 Post 2011 Christmas banner.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

CREATURE FEATURES
  • Capybaras  by Willem.
  • Dragon Tree by Willems.


CREATURE COMFORTS

AEROSPACE, THE YULETIDE FRONTIER

  • The aliens are disgusted, no aliens on the comet.
  • Santa gets a pilot's licence.

TIDINGS OF JOY

AROUND THE YULE LOG
  • Christmas dreams of a young married couple in the 1890s.
  • Santa and the New Year's Baby do the crossword.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87844404

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more