The Post Quiz: Mockups of Mayhem

1 Conversation

Not all games people play are completely innocent. Some involve war.

The Post Quiz: Mockups of Mayhem

Ever play a war game? Name these warlike games.

  1. If your card is higher, you win the 'battle'.
  2. Try castling your king.
  3. In this Viking board game, you 'fight' using sheep's knuckles and strategy.
  4. This Prussian tabletop war game includes a gamemaster.
  5. Sink or swim, this naval game can be fun.
  6. Do you like to play with your toy soldiers? We'll let you if you name the science fiction writer who invented a war game played with spring-loaded toy cannon.
  7. Okay, it's still war, even if you are an elf or wizard. But don't lose your odd-shaped dice.
  8. It's war, and perhaps as you know it. With model Dark Elves, Chaos Dwarves, and Vampire Counts. And it's classic.
  9. The year is 1947, you're playing this electronic war game, and you're making history. You're not making your bosses mad, because they like it when you practice launching missiles.
  10. If you played this fictional game, you might accidentally commit genocide.

Wow. And you thought you knew all about belligerent games. Click the pic for answers.

Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

17.08.15 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87858247

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more