The Post Exploding Animal Quiz

0 Conversations

You know you want to know more about this.

The Post Exploding Animal Quiz

Wall Street bombing aftermath, 1920.

This quiz will test how much you know about exploding animals in history and the natural environment. It is amazing how much this vital subject is neglected on non-Fortean websites.

Short answers.

  1. During World War II, as we know, the Japanese employed fire balloons against the US. What strange incendiary bioweapon did a US dentist invent to use against the Japanese?
  2. You know about the 1993 and 2001 bombings in New York, using a truck bomb and airliners, respectively. What did Italian terrorists use in their attack on Wall Street in 1920?
  3. Kamikaze pilots were not the only suicide bombers in World War II. What animals did the Soviets use against German tanks?
  4. What infamous US behavioural scientist worked on a pigeon-guided missile during World War II?
  5. What creature explodes altruistically, to save its fellows?
  6. What strange thing happened to a farmer in Queensland, Australia, when he was milking his cow in 1932?
  7. What causes worldwide incidents of spontaneous exploding pigs?
  8. Why was the small body of water in the Altona district of Hamburg labelled the Tümpel des Todes (Pond of Death) in 2005?
  9. What was the Sheriff of Essex accused of plotting to do in 1267?
  10. In 1970, the Oregon (US) Highway Division did something unusual and explosive, but it was intended to protect public health. What was it?

Check your answers by clicking the picture below. Animal bomb-handling licences will be distributed to those with a satisfactory score of 80% or more.

Animation showing whale ramming fishing boat, eating fisherman and then fisherman travelling down into whale's belly and surviving!
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

28.09.15 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87860505

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more