The Post Quiz: Troubled November

0 Conversations

How much trouble can you stir up in one month? A lot, apparently.

The Post Quiz: Troubled November

A US squaddie in Vietnam

November is the troubled month. What do you know about these troublesome events?

Short answers. You need time to run.

  1. On 1 November 1770, Charles II of Spain died. He was succeeded by Philip V. What war was caused by this seemingly natural event?
  2. Also on 1 November, this time in 1950. What happened to US President Harry Truman?
  3. 3 November 1839: what war did the British Navy start when they blew up several Chinese junks?
  4. 4 November 1862: What did Richard Gatling invent, and why was it bad news?
  5. 5 November 1605: What was Guido up to under the Houses of Parliament?
  6. 7 November 1917: What happened in Petrograd?
  7. 8 November 1923: What happened in the Munich beer hall, besides spilled Pilsner?
  8. 9 November 1872: You could see this event from 100 miles away. What was it?
  9. 13 November 1942: How did the five Sullivan Brothers make unhappy history?
  10. 14 November 1864: What did General Sherman do on this day? (Extra credit: What war-related event took place on this day in 1969?)

Wow. Did you know all that? Click the picture below to check.

A WWII Veteran recollecting his father's war.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

09.11.15 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87862521

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more