The h2g2 Post 09.05.16

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 9th May 2016

Explorers

Kittens, all looking in the same direction for once. This week's photo is courtesy of Mrs Hoggett, who took pity on Your Editor, who was frustrated. The kittehs wouldn't all look in the same direction for me, but they would for Mrs Hoggett, for which we thank her from the bottom of our cat-loving hearts. The kittehs are beginning to climb out of the box, much to the dismay of Princess. But mama cats and motherly humans know that sooner or later, kittens gotz to get out and explore.

So do h2g2ers. And boy, have you been exploring! Just wait till you see the bounty in this week's issue: Tavaron returns with glorious blooms from her new garden, while Florida Sailor has journeyed to the world-renowned Swanee River and brought back pics. Milla caught some people in Sweden celebrating Walpurgis Night, Willem's painted us some amazing pygmy hogs. The Editor went out to the farm and spied on some goats, and took off down the road to unearth a peculiar warning sign. All in all, it's quite a pictorial haul. We are nothing if not profusely illustrated.

We've got writing, too. Awix gives us the lowdown on heroic cinema. We invite you to match wits with a cryptographer and decipher a coded message from back in World War I (the centenary's still going on, you know). AND we have found a rare piece of science fiction that you simply won't believe. It's cool, and it's from the 1950s, and it's here, so enjoy.

There's lots of food for thought in here. Tons to explore, in other words.

A word about this month's Create Challenge. The Team would like you to reflect on the artists and entertainers the world has lost recently. Your thoughts and reflections are welcome. We at the Post would add: 'In Loving Memory' doesn't have to be about the famous, the highly-decorated, those Mentioned In Despatches. Your tribute could also be about the quietly unsung heroes who have influenced you and others. Has your appreciation for music, theatre, film, literature, or even just life itself been changed by someone who's passed on? Let us know about it.

So enjoy these explorations. Read, comment. Then get out and explore on your own. What's out there beyond the horizon? Or down at the corner shops? Send Stuff!

Oh, yeah, and have a great week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

ROAD HOGS
  • Pygmy hogs by Willem.
  • A road sign warning about an aggressive driver.

CRYPTIC

OUTDOOR OBSERVATIONS

  • Walpurgis Night fire in Lund, Sweden.
  • Suwannee River.

SIGNS OF SPRING
WRITERS AWAY
  • Create April Challenge.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87870333

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more