The Post Quiz: Strange Destinations - Answers

0 Conversations

Going off the grid? Be sure to leave a trail of crumbs.

Strange Destinations: Answers

And…here are the answers..

  1. The deceased owner of the Stanley Hotel and his wife are believed to be haunting this vacation spot, familiar to fans of The Shining. It's in Estes, Colorado, USA.
  2. The world's smallest park can be found in Portland, Oregon, USA. It's only big enough for one person, and a local newspaper reporter claims it was built by leprechauns.
  3. There's a traveling exhibit going around the USA featuring a replica of history's largest snake: the Titanoboa. It was big enough to fight a T-Rex.
  4. Love the underwater life? At the Aquarium de Paris (France, naturellement) you can spend the night in a shark tank.
  5. Love fiction? Like candy? Then you'll be excited to learn that the Toothsome Candy Factory will be opening at Universal Studios Orlando this year. (Willy Wonka would enjoy this.)
  6. Ready to head to Idaho, USA? Are your tastes more, well, 'adult' than candy and monsters? Then you might enjoy the brothel museum in Wallace, admission only $5.
  7. Sisters, Oregon, USA, should be a popular destination with Pastey and friends. You can bathe in the beer at Hop in the Spa. (There's a similar one in Prague.)
  8. Are you itching to take a gander at some haunted toys? Then head to Monroe, Connecticut, USA, and visit the Warren Occult Museum.
  9. Want to get the adrenaline pumping? Try the Vanish underwater rollercoaster in Yokohama, Japan.
  10. Alas, this wonder has been abandoned since 1984. So you can't legally visit the Biblically-inspired Holy Land USA in Waterbury, Connecticut. (Though ninja photographers have broken in for illicit photos.)

Now, where do you want to go? Are you up for beer bathing, rollercoaster riding, or visiting the ghosts, leprechauns, or hookers? You decide. (And take pics for the Post!)

Scuba diving - an alternative holiday?
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

27.06.16 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87874276

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more