The h2g2 Post 10.04.17

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 10th April 2017

Fiendishly Clever Issue

An ancient photo from the Library of Congress called 'Night Trick'. Read Florida Sailor's story and you'll know what it's here That Ancient Mariner over there is tipping you the wink. The Create Challenge this month is called 'The Devil Made Me Do It'. Personally, I think we need the entire Infernal Bureaucracy to explain what's going on in this week's issue. We're just fiendishly clever, and no mistake.

The picture is to illustrate Florida Sailor's amazing but true sailor yarn. You will not believe what he did. When I was editing the copy, I told the Core Team, 'I don't understand why some h2g2ers are still alive.' You people give new meaning to the term 'boldly go', srsly. . .

What did the devil make you do? Send it in this month!

More clever Stuff this week:

  • Awix talks about all the great acting in the new Power Rangers movie, and speculates on the motivations behind the stellar performance of renowned actor Bryan Cranston.
  • Willem paints, and then elucidates, the blesmol, another creature so utterly amazing you can't believe you don't have to go off-world to find it. Who knew this existed? How does he manage to surprise us week after week? (And yes, you'll want one, unless you're a gardener.)
  • Tavaron doesn't have blesmols in her garden. Instead, she's got. . . well, you'll just have to see it. Don't believe it, just caption it.
  • The Literary Corner brings you exciting historical news about the Boy Scouts' war on banana peels.
  • Icy North establishes a h2g2 Post first: the combination book review and quiz. Only Icy could have done this. You will enjoy taxing your brains over this one – especially Bluebottle. (Guess where those UFOs were spotted?)
  • Not to be outdone, Freewayriding has combined two genres: the rant and the prose poem. Read Excuses, Excuses and appreciate the world from the biker's viewpoint.

We've got more quizzes than your average ezine. We've got 50% more snark than a Monty Python sketch. We are, as always, profusely and originally illustrated. Read, enjoy, comment, plan rebuttals.

And have a great week out there. Willem: enjoy that fall weather. Everybody else: go out and admire the bunnies, but keep one eye on the weather report.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

NOT QUITE SCIENCE FICTION
  • Cape Blesmol by Willem.
  • Artichoke landscape by Tavaron.

HEROIC ACTIONS

RIDICULOUSLY SUBLIME

  • A book about UFOs in Hampshire and on the Isle of Wight.
  • Butterfly bikers, who only ride in good weather.

MORE STUFF TO READ
MORE STUFF TO WRITE
  • Create April  Challenge 2017.
  • A Boy Scout alertly alerting others to the presence of a dangerous banana peel.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


1Elektra says, 'It's way cuter than a naked mole rat.'

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87886714

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more