Bluebottle's Festive Photo #1

0 Conversations

Bluebottle's Festive Photos: Train Tree

A Christmas Tree on the Move by Bluebottle

Bluebottle writes:

Last year when we unpacked our artificial 6ft Christmas tree at home we discovered that the cardboard box it was stored in had disintegrated and the very top tip had snapped off. We replaced it with a new 7ft artificial tree and planned to take our former 6-ft tree, now 5'8" to the tip.


Then I remembered that at work we had no Christmas decorations in my team – none had come with us during the last restructure. I decided to take the old Christmas tree from home to work where it would be appreciated, as other than missing the very top and its box it is perfectly fine. So in early December I walked the tree to the station and carried it on the train to work – you can see the tree’s base on the train’s table. Unfortunately the train was too crowded for me to be able to stand back and get a good shot of the whole tree.

You get very strange looks when carrying a Christmas tree on a train, which is odd because it wasn’t as if I was carrying the tree on the train in July.

Watch for more festive photos in December's Post.

The Bluebottle Archive

Bluebottle

11.12.17 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87900753

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more