The h2g2 Post: 04.06.18

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 4th June 2018

June is Busting Out

Scottish Landscape in Spring by Paigetheoracle
Spring in Scotland by Paigetheoracle

What a year! Less than a month ago, it was snowing outside the Post Office. Last Monday, we turned on the a/c in the car, drove out to the farm, and jumped into the pool, which was freshly filled with local spring water. Today it is 30°C, and the Post menagerie are complaining about the heat. What's the weather like where you are? We need reports, preferably pictorial. We have a lot of planet to keep tabs on.

Speaking of keeping tabs: you've all ordered your personal copies of Twice-42: Wit and Wisdom from a Mostly Harmless Planet, right? If not, get to it! How else will h2g2 become the galaxy-renowned source for information on Life, the Universe, and Everything that it's meant to be? Speaking of which, US readers need to remember to vote early and often over at PBS.
Cat WrestlemaniaSee that photo? I didn't even have to move. That's what's going on under the Editorial desk. You see, Molly the Editorial Assistant Kitty has woken up to the fact that she's got what she's always wanted, all her life, an assistant of her own that doubles as a sparring partner. It's a little one-sided at the moment, but TJ is feisty, and we've taken a look at his feet. He's going to be a large tomcat, and Molly will get quite a surprise one of these days.

On to this issue, which is absolutely chock-a-block with high-quality Stuff. We'll give you a quick rundown:
    Cat Wrestlemania
  • Nature at its most incredible: Willem's flufftailed birds. Paigetheoracle's Scottish gorse and massive rhododendron. (I've been fussing at him for making me remember how to spell 'rhododendron'.) The Hoggetts' amazing giant eggs, our gratuitous clickbait of the week. That's not forced perspective, like those giant hogs and such you see on the cheap websites. Those chickens are really doing this. The ducks won't shut up about it.
  • Intellectual Stuff like quizzes and high-class British cinema and bad writing advice and ancient art and arcane humour. You know you like it, just don't tell the lads at the pub.
  • History: Old history, like the US Civil War in a diary. Recent history, like the Towel Day Roundup. You people rocked those towels.
  • Cat Wrestlemania
  • More accessible humour (thank Paigetheoracle and others).
  • Beautiful pics from all over (thank the photographers). bobstafford shows you how to take a stunning time exposure.
  • Evil and not-so-evil clowns.
  • Many, many cats. We have kittens, and are not afraid to use them.

You know you're going to enjoy this issue, so why wait? Dig in! Read, leave comments, plan to send Stuff. Remember to re-read your journals for inspiration and excerpts for the Create Challenge this month.

Enjoy what you're doing, wherever you are. Have a wonderful week, my friends!
Tired Kitty by Dmitri Gheorgheni
TJ after all this exercise.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

AMAZING THINGS FOUND IN NATURE

INTELLECTUAL STUFF

AMAZING THINGS NOT FOUND IN NATURE


SOME MORE EXCITING STUFF!
WRITE RIGHT (NOW)
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87910149

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more