Bluebottle's Book Billboard Blog

1 Conversation

If I could put up a billboard to advertise the new book for my friends and family, what would I write?

Do YOU suffer from post Towel Day blues?

Do YOU have enough Sand and Bouncy Bouncy Buttocks in your life?

Then YOU need Twice-42: Wit and Wisdom from a Mostly Harmless Planet!

An exciting anthology that isn't ruined despite including two short pieces what I wrote1:

Twice-42: Wit and Wisdom from a Mostly Harmless Planet

Sand!

The very first thing I wrote online that lay lost and forgotten for almost two decades!

Bouncy Bouncy Buttocks!

As the title clearly indicates, this was an attempt to teach 1960's computer programme ELIZA the subtle nuances of Monty Python.

Man v Machine!

Monty Python v Monitors!

Key strokes v Catchphrases!

This exchange symbolises the eternal struggle challenging progress and how for every step forward there is a step back. It chronicles one man's epic, timeless tale of perseverance, endurance and persistence and determination to teach a cold, harsh, unfeeling machine the humanity behind humour. (Admittedly I gave up after ten minutes, but hey, it's the thought that counts.)

A reader of the h2g2 Post
The Bluebottle Archive

Bluebottle

18.06.18 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Plus lots of much better stuff by people who can write stuff worth reading.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87911896

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more