Suzie Q Strikes Again: View from the Top

0 Conversations

Don't you love these globe-trotters with their amazing photos, and even more amazing stories to tell? The h2g2 Post brings you another exciting episode of the Suzie Q Ferguson Awards for Terrible Tour-Guiding. This week, Milla's in Shanghai: the view is great, but her headache is awful.

View from the Top

Shanghai Panorama

It started when I sent Milla a stunning photo of downtown Pittsburgh at night which the mayor had posted on Twitter.


Milla: Reminds me of Shanghai. [Posts picture.}

DG: Wow! You took this? How?

Milla: I took several photos, and Google decided to stitch them together. [Some people have all the luck.] Smoggy like crazy, but the riverbend made me think of it.

DG: Er, that's not a riverbend in Pittsburgh…it's two rivers getting together to make a third river…

Milla: Oh. Well. The Philly image is better anyway. Pittsburg, sorry. Anyways.

I asked Milla about her picture. This is her story:

Story is that my party-loving project colleagues wanted to go to this sky bar. I was already sensory overwhelmed from the restaurant we just came from, and then we spent some time in this loud, dark, hot place, late at night.


So a few hours later my worst-ever migraine struck.


And since we had been out, I though maybe food poisoning? too much alcohol?


but I didn't really drink that much – a beer and 2 glasses wine over the whole evening... then I tried my migraine meds, and everything was fine and dandy within 20 minutes.


So, cool to have been there, but I wasn't in shape to enjoy it.


The location is called the Bund (no idea why that is, or what it means).


DG: The Bund is the name of the skybar?


Milla: No, the bar/restaurant had another name. it's the stretch along this side of the river.


I can't remember what the bar was called.


Summary: Some party people dragged me off, and I didn't enjoy it.


tl;dr

Verdict: Suzie Q tour guiding at its finest. Enjoy the pic.

The Literary Corner Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

Milla

30.07.18 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87914992

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more