The h2g2 Post: 05.11.18

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 5th November 2018

We Didn't Start the Fire

Sunflower Wall by Dmitri Gheorgheni Well, it's November. Time to moan about the cold weather in the northern hemisphere, anticipate rain in the southern, and get ready for upcoming celebrations. It's also time to celebrate NaJoPoMo around here. We hope you're enjoying those journals. If you want to find some, look at the thread at the bottom of the Create page. If you're writing, keep it up! Readers will be along to comment. If you like to look at pictures, the h2g2 Post has some at this location. We're going to have lots to ooh and aah at.

Speaking of celebrating things, 'tis the season for bonfires in merry old England, the country which commemorates domestic terrorism annually. Bluebottle's already found a sign of the times to share. Amazing that he found the time after all that beer-and-bussing, which he's also going to tell us about in this issue. Busy fellow.

We've got a lot to share this week, as usual. Let's give you the highlights:
Mrs McGillicuddy's new puppy Napoleon

  • Photographers have been busy: There's amusing food. There are bugs. There are landscapes. There's even a dog or two. Plenty to admire and comment on. Speaking of dogs, that handsome fellow over there is Mrs McGillicuddy's new puppy Napoleon. He's small but fierce, was the explanation we got for his name. Daisy the dachshund doesn't seem to mind his attitude.
  • There is amazing storytelling this week. Paigetheoracle finishes up a serial about a man who is differently mentated, while Freewayriding brings us the saga of two lead-footed policeman and a brand-new police van. Both writers insist that these pieces are fictional. Decide for yourselves.
  • Yes, there are quizzes. Yes, there is humour. That's what it is, and we're insisting on the label. There's a music video featuring unusual means of transportation. Observe the tractor parking technique.
  • How much Lola hated her Halloween costume
  • At left, please note how much Lola hated her Halloween costume. This issue is really going to the dogs.
  • We know how Awix spent Halloween. He thinks this movie review might be 'topical and yet too late to be really interesting'. We disagree: as long as the UK is still lighting bonfires and burning politicians in effigy, the spooky stuff is welcome to linger.
  • Tavaron's Halloween pumpkin
  • On the right, admire Tavaron's Halloween sign, which she sent me 'for next Halloween'. I can't stand it, you need to see it now. We're sorry the rowdy teenagers stole your LED lights. Beautiful workmanship there.
  • Among the photographs, please find bobstafford's helpful collection of vistas intended to enlighten Superfrenchie as to what the Brits see when they visit her country. He calls it 'France for Frenchie'. We're sure she'll approve.
  • Roller coasters roll this week. Food catches fire. Hopefully, the 'Writing Right' is less incendiary than last week. One can never tell.


Bird Action Shot by Dmitri GheorgheniPersonal thanks from the Post Editor for all the expressions of sympathy for Pittsburgh in the wake of the Squirrel Hill shooting. We'd like to make a word from Pittsburgh mayor Bill Peduto our Quote of the Week:
There is an outpouring that is being heard through the people of Pittsburgh right now, of where people want to see society move towards. It is not about finding ways to divide us. It is about finding ways that unite us through our commonality as humans. Let this horrific episode be another mark in the march of humanity towards recognizing that we are all one.

That's the city I know and love. It's the spirit of h2g2, too. Thank you all for being here, now, on this planet, and caring for one another.

Have a good week!


Create November 2018 by Freewayriding
November Create Challenge:
NaJoPoMo: Write All Month


Dmitri Gheorgheni

NATURE IN MANY FORMS

STIMULATING

UP, DOWN, AND ALL AROUND


FOOD FOR THOUGHT
  • Video
  • At the antique
    tractor show.

LOLZ
WRITE EARLY AND OFTEN


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87919492

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more