20th Anniversary Quiz: Answers

1 Conversation

20th Anniversary Quiz: Answers

Twenty 20th Anniversary Quiz
One Point Per Answer

Bonus Questions = Two Points

Bonus Bonus = Four Points

1. Douglas Adams has the h2g2 Researcher Number U42. Which Researcher has U1?

  • Slacker

2. What 'is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.'

  • Space

3. In his h2g2 Entry about Tea, does Douglas recommend putting the milk in the cup before or after the hot tea?

  • Before

4. What is the name of the music used as the theme to the Hitchhiker's Radio Show?

  • Journey of the Sorcerer

5. A choir from which planet performs the song 'Beneath the Ink Black Sky' in the Tertiary Phase of the Hitchhiker's Radio Show?

  • Krikkit

6. What was the name of the comic in which Douglas had his first ever story published?

  • The Eagle

7. What was the name of Douglas' Co-Author of 'Last Chance to See'?

  • Mark Cawardine

8. What was the name of Douglas' Prep School?

  • Middleton Hall

9. What was the name of the teacher who gave Douglas the only 10/10 for an essay of his teaching career?

  • Frank Halford

10. In what street in London was The Digital Village's third and final office?

  • Maiden Lane

11. Bonus: Name the artist who was born in a building, no longer there, in the same street.

  • JMW Turner

12. Bonus Bonus: Name the actor who was stabbed to death there by a jealous rival.

  • William Terris

13. Who played Arthur Dent in the 2005 Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Film?

  • Martin Freeman

14. What are the three restaurants Douglas named in his famous Memo to David Vogel at Walt Disney Pictures when he was frustrated at progress with the film?

  • The Ivy, The Groucho Club, Granita

15. Bonus: Which Supermarket did he suggest would page him?

  • Sainsbury's

16. What is the name of the song that Douglas wrote for his daughter Polly and that was sung by Margo Buchanan at his Memorial Service?

  • I Wannabe (A Rockstar)

17. What are the names of the two Visual Designers of Starship Titanic?

  • Oscar Chichoni and Isobel Molina

18. Bonus - what year was the Starship Titanic game published?

  • 1997

19. Which Voice of the Book was Douglas describing with the words 'He found the tone almost immediately - a mixture of Olympian detachment and cosy chat, as if god had unexpectedly popped in for a cup of tea and a gossip.'

20. What Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster ingredient comes from Santraginus V?

  • Water

Meet souvenir designed by Tavaron
Fiendish, isn't it?!

Join the Q Archive

SashaQ

Robbie Stamp

13.05.19 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87937735

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more