What the Dinosaur (XII)

1 Conversation

THE STORY SO FAR


The Beatles once sang that every summer you can rent a cottage on the Isle of Wight if it's not too dear - you can scrimp and save. What they neglected to sing about was what the effect of a resurrected dinosaur would have on local property prices. For that is the situation we find ourselves in, and only local crackpot scientist Dr Beeching has expressed concern. He has frantically phoned for the fire brigade, the police and for emergency medical attention. After the fire brigade and police arrived and left seemingly unconcerned, an ambulance approaches. It doesn't look overly like an ambulance, I grant you, but it is an ambulance. Bluebottle isn't a very good artist, you see, he just does the best with the skills he has.Episode XII of a 20-part adventureWhat impact does the sectioning of Dr Beeching have on the rest of the story? Is this a metaphor that those who tell the truth in today's society are often considered mad? Or is Beeching's being sent 'under the clock' to Whitecroft1 a convenient way to side-line him so he cannot participate in future events? Will the readers forgive Bluebottle's 'White Mattress' in-joke?2 Will the dinosaur actually appear in next week's issue of What the Dinosaur?
What the Dinosaur
I - II - III -
IV - V
VI - VII - VIII - IX - X
XI - XII - XIII - XIV - XV
XVI - XVII - XVIII - XIX - XX
A reader of the h2g2  <br/>
Post
The Bluebottle Archive

Bluebottle

16.09.19 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Technically Whitecroft Mental Hospital closed in 1992.2Back in his school days when every advert was for a washing powder that promised to wash 'whiter than white', three school children – one with the surname 'White', and the other lads were named Matt and Tris, hence the name 'White Mattress' – wrote a funny film script for a spoof washing powder ad for 'White's Whites', which when used would destroy the washing machine. Sadly this was never filmed because their mothers wouldn't let them borrow and explode a washing machine, and they didn't have a film camera. Explanations that the bigger the explosion and more destroyed the washing machine, the funnier it would be inexplicably fell on deaf ears.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87948085

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more