The h2g2 Post: 27.01.20

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 27th January 2020

Hopes, Fears, Laughter, Tears

Tigers Spotted This Way by Freewayriding

I was terribly disappointed. They were all striped.

Freewayriding

So it goes, sometimes. The world is often not as advertised. Our contributors have been all over it recently, however, and found the most surprising things. While Freewayriding was at Chester Zoo, taking (he reassures me) 'only about 600 photos', Willem was out in the countryside around Polokwane snapping the flowers that grew in profusion once the summer rains came. Meanwhile, in Moscow, Solnushka was touring a weird house. Paigetheoracle continues to find rare sights up in Scotland, and Sasha's seen a lot of birds this year in the UK. Closer to home, some of us have been observing our four-footed friends indoors. (I dunno about you, but at -10° C, I'm not up to much wandering around. Especially with the snow outside the Post Office.)

Farmer Hoggett's Therapy Cat, Naomi, by Mrs Hoggett
Remember: All of this is real. None of these photos have been faked in any way. Okay, we did take a few arty black-and-white pictures, but those are real arty black-and-white pictures. The elephants aren't paid actors – well, they work for peanuts – and that's a real package of Mini-Stollen under glass. In other words, you're getting the real, genuine, authentic Earth experience here. Accept no substitutes.

This is the last week for you to tell us about your fears. Send them on in, we'll run them in February. This week, we have two confessions and a short story. So far, the spiders are ahead by one in the phobia contest.

Please read and comment. Try the quiz. Let the cartoonists know you care. Don't miss the comedy video, which is dedicated to Bluebottle (you'll see why). Remember to send us Stuff – this is the greatest compendium of actual interesting material on the internet. (And no selfies, imagine that.) Have a great week!


Quote of the Week:   'Many of the people you know, and perhaps yourself, have thoughts undisturbed by science.'
Leon J. Pollom, 'Now, Then, Pittsburgh'.





Create January 2020 by Freewayriding
January Create Challenge:
Phobophobia: Phobias and the
Phobic Phobes Who Fear Them
Share Your Thoughts!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

WHERE WE FOUND NATURAL BEAUTY

WHAT'S ON OUR MINDS


DISCOVERIES


Castle Doors

Castle Doors by Tavaron


BETWEEN LAUGHTER AND FEAR




Video
Knights of the Semicircle, or,
Let's Table This Discussion
WHAT WE SAW
STORYLINES


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87957968

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more