The h2g2 Post: 06.04.20

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 6th April 2020

Together, Apart

Clouds
From a distance we are instruments

Marching in a common band

Playing songs of hope

Playing songs of peace…


Julie Gold, 'From a Distance'

If you're feeling a bit distant lately, you aren't alone. Well, you are, but…you know what I mean. We're all in the same boat. And if you're self-isolating while we ride this out, consider that you are doing your part to help the planet's humans survive this. There's not much else we can do, if we aren't medical professionals or essential workers, but stay out of the way and try to be good to one another.

I'm not going to say much about this issue, except to point out that we have many wonderful things for you to explore: Things to amuse, inform, and help you stave off boredom if you're in lockdown. We also have the first instalment of contributions to this month's Create theme, which is coping with grief. Read them all, but especially Sho's personal story of how a bizarre sense of humour helped her get through a difficult time. She was generous to share this tale.

Another h2g2er who has been more than generous this week is Freewayriding. After having been doing essential work, he's got Covid-19. (Late-week update: he appears to be recovering.) Freewayriding, of course, claims that he's really been possessed by an evil spirit. He's here to tell you all about it. Superfrenchie told him he's taking zombie cosplay too far, and to cut it out. You're going to want to read FWR's report.

The rest of this Editorial will be devoted to quotations from the Core Team.
Post Editor: I'm telling you all: we're really current with the Post. I don't WANT to be current with the Post. I want all our jokey-spacestuff-nonsense back! And no more real apocalypses, just the ones in movies!

Superfrenchie: Amen to that!
Post Editor: This is why I get nothing done, other people are going stir crazy.

Tavaron: I know. And I get [little] people asking questions all the time like 'But does it snow on Mars?' or 'How big is East?' or 'Is the moon closer than Africa?'
Superfrenchie: A while ago I was looking after my sister's kids (5 and 8), and they started talking about a neighbour's horse that had died not long before.

Says G: 'Where is she now? In the ground? I'm going to get a shovel and dig her up and then she won't be dead anymore. '

Says C: 'No, you can't, that's not how it works, and anyway she's not buried here, she's in a cemetery.'

G: 'What's a cemetery?'

C: 'It's a place where they bury animals who are dead and also there are some for people too. Like Dédé... I mean, our neighbour Dédé, not the one we see at the café, because that one is not dead.'

G: 'Mmh, I see, so they don't bury people who aren't dead, then...'



Stay safe, friends. And read each other's words. Study each other's photos and art. Leave kind comments, and cheer each other along. We'll get through this. After all, we're Hitchhikers.


'Stay at home, stay away from each other, stay safe. Play games, watch TV, read the Post, wash those hands, just don't be tempted into thinking you're invulnerable, no one is!'

Freewayriding



Mailbox
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com



Cat on a picnic table
Table Kitty Says:
Keep your distance
Social distancing=Staying hoopy!



Create April 2020 by Freewayriding
April Create Challenge:
Coping with Grief
Share Your Thoughts


Dmitri Gheorgheni

UPDATES:
Covid-19 Report:
I Need a Doctor,
or a Priest

Caduceus

INDOOR ACTIVITIES


ROCKS AND TREES, SKIES AND SEAS


Another Checkerboard Sky

Another Checkerboard Sky by DG


ART-FULL




Natural Carving
Natural Woods Carving by Paigetheoracle
COPING WITH GRIEF
Coping with Grief by FWR
STORYLINES


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87969226

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more