Exterior Decorating: When You Really Want to Display Your Good Taste

1 Conversation

Exterior Decorating: When You Really Want to Display Your Good Taste

A beautiful objet d'art photographed by Solnushka.

Sol's blog is allegedly written by the kids, who wonder why Mama takes them to all these strange museums in and around Moscow. Here, she's discovered a treasure trove of art deco wonders. Just what the world needs, right?

She writes:

And what Mama decided after touring the Moscow Art Deco Museum’s one largish room is that it is a pretty good entry into a New Russian [bleep]ing contest. Because it is, in fact, only marginally more tasteful than building a house with seventeen fairytale turrets and filling it with repo Louis XIV furniture before covering everything with gold gilt. Says Mama, who thinks you can only really get away with that if you are actually a 17th Century French king with a giant 1000 room palace to fill, and multiple dancing fountains or 200 pairs of diamond studded heels to offset.

Read Sol's blog for more art deco photos and info.

Create Challenge Archive

Solnushka

23.03.20 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87975887

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more