Redcurrant Cake - a Recipe Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Redcurrant Cake - a Recipe

0 Conversations

A slice of redcurrant cake

Redcurrant cake is a delicious and easy to bake cake for summer. This recipe is for the most common Austrian redcurrant cake.

Ingredients

Batter:

Topping:

Method

For the batter, first mix the yolks with the sugar until they are smooth. Then put in all the other ingredients and mix thoroughly. Grease a cake pan (about 26cm diameter) and put the batter in it. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F), then bake the cake for about 20 minutes.

Let the cake cool for a bit (if it is still hot you can't add the topping).

Meanwhile wash the redcurrants and remove all stems. Beat the egg whites with a mixer. Put in the pinch of salt and slowly add the sugar while beating. When it is stiff put in the corn starch and mix again. Then put in the redcurrants in small portions, carefully folding them in with a spoon.

Pre-heat the oven to 220°C (425°F). Put the topping on the cake (it doesn't have to be smooth) and bake again for about 5-10 minutes. It is best to stay close to the oven at this stage so you can take out the cake as soon as the egg white is light brown. If you turn your back just for a second at this stage you will get a black cake (this has been tested thoroughly).


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Edited Entry

A88003127

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more