The h2g2 Post 18.01.21

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 18th January 2021

Views from Outside

Farside of the Moon.

Friends, have the last few weeks left you feeling that you're looking at Earth from a whole new perspective? Are you experiencing a certain Entfremdungseffekt from your daily media? Does the thought sometimes cross your mind that you'd be much happier on the far side of the Moon?

Friends, you are not alone. That's why this issue is so weird.
    Sunflower by DG.
  • Some of us are thinking about other things. While I reflect on summers past, Freewayriding demonstrates his uncanny ability to photograph his dreams. We're suitably impressed.
  • A lot is imaginative in this issue: Willem shares an extinct tiger with us, Paulh retells a Native American legend, and authors of the past spin yarns. In the present, B4 winds up the epic 'Into You' with a revealing ending. Be sure to stop by and thank him for the entertainment.
  • Fascinating things have been seen around the world: from the rocky coast of Scotland to the busy city of Moscow, from Austria to Pennsylvania to Hawaii to the deepest, darkest recesses of the internet. Don't miss anything.
  • Awix has seen something weird on his computer screen. It's a cinema gem from days of yore. We'll let him tell it.
  • We have music and moving pictures, puzzles and features. Go strolling.


We'll be back next week with more Stuff. (Send more Stuff.) Keep warm, stay safe, and remember: 'pic or it didn't happen', but beware of Photoshop.


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: Most [playwright] beginners conk out early in the game because they try to base [their] play on personal reminiscence. This is not a good idea unless you are Lucrezia Borgia or Al Capone.

Ira Levin, Critic's Choice (a play based on someone else's experience).

Coming of Age in Brookville, cover design by Freewayriding
Buy Our New Book!
Excitement, Adventure! Bears!

Create December 2020 by Freewayriding
January 2021 Create Challenge:
Hope in a Handful of Words


Video Extra: Cherish


NATURAL HISTORY REPORT
The Cat and the Magpie

The cat and the magpie, by SashaQ


IDEAS

IMAGINATION IS FUNNY

How to Unpack a Piano

An old-fashioned upright piano.

SIGNS OF THE TIMES



Guitar Conspirator
The 5G vaccine chip guitar pedal conspiracy, by DG.

OBSERVATIONS
Storytime


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88005107

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more