Taxi Blessing

1 Conversation

Taxi Blessing

Taxi notice.

'God bless you, Sir!' I said my usual version of 'thanks' to the driver for his patience.

'You, too, my friend!' He beamed back, then gave me a quizzical look.

'May I ask a question?'

'You can ask. . . '

'You are the first white man to say that. The first I've heard since I came here. In my country it is common. Here not so. Why do white people not say this?'

'Black or white, makes no difference.'

'How is this so?'

'Because, if there is a God, He must surely be colour-blind!'

The African gentleman burst into laughter, telling me he was a preacher and would be using that phrase in his next sermon.

He drove off in a cloud of blessings.

First time I've influenced the clergy!

FWR Archive

FWR

18.03.24 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A88046643

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more