Calling Dire Straits Fans......Is There Anybody Home?

12 Conversations



The headstock of a guitar



As any self respecting Hitchhiker fan should be aware, and no doubt IS aware, Dire Straits had a very important role to play in Arthur Dent's life when he returned to Earth after his 8 year absence.





The romance between Arthur and Fenchurch had a bit of help from the band. If you don't believe me - read it for yourself in that wholey remarkable, and increasingly inaccurately named, trilogy that is "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy".



A classical guitar



However, the vital role Dire Straits played in the lives of Arthur and Fenchurch may not have the recognition that it deserves.



Fan Club Badge!!



Here's the Dire Straits Fan Club Badge:



A starry electric guitar
I'm in the Dire Straits Fan Club!!




If you'd like it for your space, or would like to post your comments,go to this thread. (Badge may be updated.)



Fan Club Members



We're a small fan club (so far!). Here we are (in no particular order):




smiley - biggrinwildamethyst
smiley - biggrinsarah_rubyred
smiley - biggrinvodiodo
smiley - biggrinGeneral Arisztid Lugosi of SMP - Some people make my life worth living - Master of the Points! - Gone till the 23rd of July. Hug
smiley - biggrinlil ol' me ACE ... (She's back.. no, yes.. no... Yes! VV is definitely back!!)
smiley - biggrinKaz.... Travellin' in Style...
smiley - biggrinMaster B - I've got a bug, but I'm not...er...
smiley - biggrinMerlin
smiley - biggrinvmuppana
smiley - biggrinbubblestattoo
smiley - biggrinBr. Roymondo. D.Perv, one of 2 Rs.
smiley - biggrinNot panicing yet

Men carrying musical notes climbing a ladder to a musical staff against a moonlit background



If you'd like your name to appear here, go to this thread and say hello.



Interesting Links

The Mark Knoffler Homepage

The Unofficial Mark Knoffler and Dire Straits Website

A vinyl<br/>
record

Guitar Stuff and Song Lyrics for Dire Straits songs.



Romeo and Juliet

Special Links

Money For Nothing are a Dire Straits tribute band. Friends of our very own sarah_rubyred, they are greatly recommemded.





Here's the link to their gig diary.



Master B - I've got a bug, but I'm not...er... has given permission for this link to be here. His website contains a MIDI Private Investigations. Hope you enjoy!




Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A3461465

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more