The London Meet 2008 Caption Competition

1 Conversation

The 2008 London Spring Meet Banner

The London Spring Meet Caption Competition

Week Six


Clearly a good time was had by all at the recent London Spring Meet, judging by the photos we've seen of the event. We've decided to publish some of the best of them as a fortnightly Caption Competition. Please submit your caption to the appropriate thread at the bottom of the page. The authors of the winning caption and two runners up for each week the competition runs will have their names and winning captions printed the following week in The Post.


Next issue, we'll not only name our weekly winner, but also our overall winner!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Galaxy Babe with a butterfly on her hand

Last week's picture gave us many amusing captions to mull over and The Post Team were very hard pressed to come up with a favourite. But like all good
judges we came to a decision:

The Winner is...

'Sub-editor spots missing comma.'
by Icy North

The two runners-up are...

'A painted lady ... and a butterfly.'
by
Gnomon

and
'When GB said she wanted to get back to Nature, I was thinking of something else entirely.'
by
MazinMadFiddler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week's photo was submitted by Galaxy Babe - thank you very much!

Thatprat taking his short off, watched by BaldBloke

Please note that the deadline for this week's captions is Sunday 31st July. Entries submitted after this date may not be considered, depending on how funny they are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition and Quizzes Archive

Post Team

17.07.08 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A38328816

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more