The h2g2 Post 17.07.08

3 Conversations


Posted: 17th July 2008


 

 


Doesn't time fly when you're having fun...

So here I go for the last time, trying to come up with something interesting to write about. It was a great time and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but then that's easy, because I knew it was limited and I'd not be responsible for very long. Thank you all for your support, your feedback, and your submissions!

My home situation has improved, but I had to tell my parents the other day, and now they are worried.
I'm not entirely sure why everybody else worries so much, because I'm pretty relaxed about it - or I would be if the family let me. So OK, my son hasn't finished school, but that's not the end of the world. He has an idea what he'd like to do, he's old enough to decide for himself, and it's not right to deny him support just because he doesn't do - yes, what exactly? Go on to be an academic? I'm no academic, am I worth less because of it?

I am very happy with what I do. I like my job, it's just not well-paid, but that's a different matter. I like what I'm doing here on hootoo, I'm proud of the entries I have written, and I'm very happy with my work for the Post and the faith not only Skankyrich put in me, but our contributors, too.

I wondered about mentioning current events, like the Farnborough airshow which is taking place this week and apparently all concerns people have are the exploding fuel prices the future owners will have to deal with. Not a word about the enormous waste of fuel during the airshow itself, let alone the danger for pilots and spectators - may I just remind you of Ramstein. Then again, a discussion about the pros (are there any?) and cons could fill pages, so I'll just stick to h2g2 related things.

In not so good news: there'll be no new episode for our collaborative 'Whatever Next' story. RL got in the way and our designated author didn't manage to finish his part. However, he has promised to finish it for the next issue, so there's something to look forward to.

Once again, we have a wonderful edition of the Post, full of fascinating articles. PedanticBarSteward has no less than three contributions this time, and those of you who regularly read his column and/or poems will certainly be curious about what else he has written. We have three new Post badge holders, namely benjaminpmoore who got his (belated) badge a while back (but I forgot to mention it), Frenchbean (whom I had missed completely), and Gnomon. All of them have a brand new badge decorating their PS. Congratulations to all!

I am very proud to announce that we have three first-time Post authors in this issue, with Kitty being only 12 years old! Please don't miss their articles which you'll find in the Features section below.

And we're back to normal now, as Skankyrich will put on the editor's hat again, so the next deadline is on Sunday, 27 July, midnight BST. As always, I'm looking forward to your submissions, so keep up the good work!



B'Elana


 

 
FICTION & POETRY

 

 

 

 
Cartoons

 

 
REGULARS

 

 
FEATURES

 

 

  • Nepal

  • A fascinating trek to the Mt Everest base camp


 

 
h2g2 NEWS

 


 

 

 
The Post Box
Submissions Click Here
Editorial Feedback Click Here

  • The

    Post

    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A34269528

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more