h2g2 Post 28.11.02

1 Conversation


Posted: 28thNovember 2002

Editorial


Happy Thanksgiving to all our US readers

And, of course, anyone else who celebrates at this time of year. It seems very appropriate that Gnomon sent in the 'Simple Gifts' poem for us to feature at this time. Within a hectic, stressful life it can often be too easy to overlook the quieter pace of life all around us.

It's all hustle and bustle at the Post Office just now as we prepare to celebrate our 3rd birthday. I never dreamed way back then that I would be sitting at 2.30 am on a Thursday morning still editing The Post. Then, it was just a small project suggested and initially set up by vegiman. Now we have a wonderful band of regular contributors and even more h2g2ers who are willing to give up their time to present their stories/observations/ups-and-downs of life in every way imaginable. This is truly a community venture and would fail without your continued support. On a personal note, may I wish Greebo a speedy recovery from whatever dreadful lurgy she has contracted. She valiantly helped me for most of today but finally had to admit defeat and retire to the lair - perhaps a few deliveries of freshly-baked doughnuts wouldn't go amiss?

As you can see, we have yet another bumper issue for you. Awix returns with not one, but two reviews. The offshoots of the AGG Team continue apace with their individual articles and sea finds time for another chapter of her Quest. We hear about the upcoming Official Winter Meet and feature two reports from the recent one held in Sydney. Abi was one of the last people to arrive at the Unofficial London Meetup and so drew the short straw of having to write up a Post article about it. However, due to a series of long meetings she has failed to meet the deadline. You can find out what the dodgy bloke with a beard said to Galaxy Babe next week!

Two new stories are introduced to you in readiness for regular appearances in future issues - both from old friends of The Post. We also wade through more 'Custard', see the first two entries in the Poetry Competition and find out about Social Hierachy. On the entertainment front, why not try the light-hearted 'So you Wanna Be a Guitar Hero', our latest wordsearch or join the fun of the 'So Long' gang... not forgetting the ever-popular cartoons.

One more thing, then I'm through. Would the researcher who sent in a wonderful piece called 'Butlin's, conception and pleated skirts' please contact the Post Team. We would love to feature your item but don't have your h2g2 identity. Drop shazz an email and we'll use it in the birthday edition.

See you next week with plenty of smiley - cake!

ShazzPRME


 
 
FeaturesRegulars

  • The Quest

  • sea with her story based on the tales of everyday h2g2ers

  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A870284

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more