Star Trek Trivia for Beginners: Answers

1 Conversation

How well did you do? Are you ready to 'boldly go'?

Star Trek Trivia for Beginners: Answers

Even Wesley Crusher could pass this exam.

A Star Trek phaser in action. By Community Artist Menthol Penguin.

  1. Which of these persons never commanded the Enterprise?
    • Captain Janeway.

    Kathryn Janeway commanded Voyager. And boy, was she tough.
  2. What is the Prime Directive?
    • A rule about non-interference.

    'Don't muck with people who haven't got warp-drive yet.' Even if you have to disguise yourself and have sex with Bebe Neuwirth, Commander Riker.
  3. Which of these races sports spots?
    • Trills.

    Trills are those cute aliens with worms in their tummies. They are very old, and not horribly particular about the gender/species of their partners.
  4. Which Starfleet captain had a dog?
    • Archer.

    Many people feel that Porthos, the beagle, was the best actor on Star Trek.
  5. What does it mean when an episode takes place in the 'Mirror, Mirror' universe?
    • Everyone acts campily evil.

    It lets all the actors get out their 'inner diva'.
  6. What made Voyager different from other Star Trek stories?
    • The ship was lost in the Delta Quadrant.

    Yep. For seven years. Don't anybody say 'Odyssey'.
  7. What made Deep Space Nine different from other Star Trek stories?
    • The crew was on a space station, not a starship.

    They 'boldly stayed'. And there were lots of Ferengi jokes.
  8. Which is true of holodecks/holosuites?
    • If the 'safeties' are off, there can be collateral damage.

    People have been shot, stabbed, held hostage, and had their ships taken over on holodecks. You'd think they'd revisit that concept.
  9. Who was Zephrem Cochrane?
    • The very tall inventor of the warp drive engine.

    Played by 6'7" James Cromwell, with a reversed ballcap and a penchant for rock'n'roll.
  10. Which is not true of Bajorans?
    • They only mate once every seven years.

    That's Vulcans. The Bajorans have the funny noses.

If you did well, don't brag. There are people out there who know every single factoid about every single episode. But at least you know which end of a phaser to point. If you'd like to know more, you're on the right website. Just use the search function to explore the dozens of Star Trek-related Guide Entries on h2g2. Or talk to Galaxy Babe.

The book cover of Star Trek - The Motion Picture by Gene Roddenberry, 1979
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

26.11.12 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87777797

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more