The Post Quiz: Famous Dogs

0 Conversations

Time to check your knowledge again.

The Post Quiz: Famous Dogs

The Edinburgh statue of the loyal dog known as Greyfriars Bobby.

'Man's best friend', some call him. I think most women would agree, as well. Dogs are cool. Okay, the cats tend to disagree. But cats disagree with you on principle. We'll give them their own quiz sometime. In the meantime, test your knowledge of canine history.

Short answers.

  1. What unusual trick could Hitler's dog Blondi perform?
  2. At what event did King Edward VII's dog Caesar affect court protocol?
  3. What famous dog has a statue in Washington, DC?
  4. What did Sarah Bernhardt name her dog?
  5. What famous dog flew over both the North and South Poles?
  6. Lewis and Clark had a Newfoundland dog named Seaman. What did he do to help provide dinner for the team?
  7. What was the appropriate name of General George S Patton's dog?
  8. Why did New York City dogs Riva and Salty receive medals?
  9. Beauty the wire-haired terrier lived in another dangerous place – London during the Blitz. For what feat was she decorated with an award usually reserved for humans?
  10. What dog's sacrifice made possible 'one small step for a man'?

Did you know them all, or were you barking up the wrong tree? Check your answers by clicking on the picture below.

A Jack Russell terrier.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

15.04.13 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87790963

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more