The h2g2 Post 07.07.14

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 7th July 2014

What Lights Your Fireworks?

Gelada by Willem. That fellow there looks like he'd enjoy a Fourth of July picnic. Although the fireworks might be a bit much. We've got all sorts of wild life for you this week: Ben's got a rat story you'll want to read, and Willem, of course, has these charming geladas. We're all over the globe, too. For July's Create Challenge invites us to travel – they say it broadens the mind. What far-away places have you visited? Do you want to visit? Have you just made up? Tell us about it.

To kick off the challenge, we've got some quizzes hidden in here. One will challenge even you geography buffs. Can you find your hometown on this map? If you can, you're ready for time travel.

So, whether you're travelling through space, time, or just down to the corner shops, keep us in mind. We welcome your contributions.

And now, if you don't mind, I'm off to see if there are any leftovers from that picnic…

Enjoy your week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

LEARNING FROM ANIMALS
  • Gelada by Willem
  • .

  • Keep all Canadians busy.


BROADENING THE MIND

AROUND THE WORLD

  • Exotic waterfall.
  • Pangaea..

HISTORICAL TRAVEL
  • Oberschlesierspende.
  • Early Egyptian Ferris wheel.

IMAGINATIVE GEOGRAPHY
  • Cave hyenas.
  • A

  • Sherpa needed, with jumper cables.
  • .

FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87827845

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more